Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'M WEARY LORD

God sure turned my plans for this week upside down!  Last week a good discription of me would have been tired, weak, powerless, discouraged, a little depressed, and yes, weary.  I did not realize just how weary I was until God changed my plans.

My plan for this week included traveling Monday morning to New Orleans to take a class, returning late Wednesday afternoon, leaving early Thursday morning on a mission trip with Eddie's Sunday School class to south, very south, Louisiana.  I packed my car with everything except my make-up kit Sunday afternoon.  I woke up very early Monday morning thinking I should not make the trip.  I got up, got on my face before the Lord, asking for His direction.  He gave me a peace about not going.  (I am thankful that unpacking takes a lot less time than packing!)

I didn't go on the mission trip either.  God seemed to be telling me that I needed some time to relax, refresh, be refueled.  I have had a quiet week at home (most people didn't know I was here).  Sometimes we just need a little rest when we are tired and weary.  God knows what we need even before we do.  We just need to listen.

Several verses of Scripture came to my mind as I reflected on my lack of strength (my weariness) and on His All-Sufficient strength

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 2:9). 

". . . nothing is too hard for You." (Jeremiah 32:17) 

"He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak" (Isaiah 40:29).

Are you a little weary?  Listen to your body and especially listen to the Lord.  He will help us take better care of ourselves.  He will refresh us and renew us.  I'm getting there!

3 comments:

  1. Kay, I hope you are refreshed and ready for your next God-size assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Hmm...seems like someone just said that to ME recently. LOL In your case, maybe I should say, You "don't" go girl. I'm really proud of you for having the flexibility to change your plans at the last minute.

    All this reading I've been doing this week points out that healthy lifestyles also include destressing and getting adequate rest (not just the healthy eating and exercise I've been focusing on.) Kudos for making all four elements of healthy living a vibrant part of your life.

    You are a great example for others ... and the most precious ENCOURAGER I've ever personally known. Rest in Him, forever friend. You are precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your heart with us....it does help to know that I am not the only person that is just tired some times.

    And we who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord who is the spirit.2 Corinthians 3:18

    ReplyDelete