Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good News/Bad News

Have you ever had to deliver a difficult message to someone?  Personally, I prefer to be the deliverer of good news or encouraging words, but sometimes God calls His children to deliver bad news (or His judgment).  Jeremiah was one such person.  In Jeremiah 20, he was the deliverer of the unpopular message concerning Babylonian captivity for the Israelite people.

Jeremiah wanted to quit, but could not.  "But if I say, 'I will not mention Him or speak any more in His Name, His Word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones.  I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot'."

God's Word burns in our hearts when the Holy Spirit teaches us and gives us insight into the truths of Scripture.  Don't keep it in.  Be like Jeremiah and deliver the Good News or the Bad News - whichever God calls you to do.

"For the Word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."  (Hebrews 4:12)

God's Word is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16), living, active, sharp, judges, and is like a fire.  Take it in and give it out - Good News or Bad News!

Serving Him,
Kay Martin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Mrs. Kay!

    I bought one of those little spiral notecard holders this week to work on Scripture memory. Jim works on Book memory...me on maybe one a month....So I asked him if he wanted to do it with me. He was more than excited! He wanted us to do one everyday...RIGHT!!! haha!!!

    ReplyDelete