Saturday, October 9, 2010

Did I make the right decision?

I have been pondering all week the sermon Ray Pritchard preached at our Awaken service Sunday evening.  He began with examples of people asking, "Did I make the right decision?" 

Don't we all second-guess ourselves?  What can you do now if you did make a wrong decision?  Well, you can't change the decision you made in the past, you just have to go forward.  One thing Ray said has stuck with me all week.  "Quit trying to have a better past.  It is what it is." 

How many times have you wished you could change your past?  The fact is, no one can change their past so let's "quit trying to have a better past."  Let's get on with the process of living, of going forward because how we view our past affects how we live out our future. 

Ray used Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for the good of them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose."

If this verse is true (and it most certainly is!), then even our past will work together for our good if we are one of His children.

Did I make the right decision when I (fill in the blank)?  We may not know here on earth, but we can rest in the fact that God is Sovereign and He will work out even the wrong decisions for our good and for His glory if we will allow Him to.

Ray Pritchard:  "I can't go back, I can't stay here, I must go forward."


"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See I am doing a new thing!" (Isaiah 43:18-19a)

1 comment:

  1. This is the second time that I have heard that in a week. The first time was Beth Moore and the 2nd time your message. Thanks, Jean

    ReplyDelete