Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Deliverer, the LORD

In Psalm 18, God had delivered David from his enemies - Saul being one of the chief persecutors and pursuers of harm to David.  David's response to God's deliverance was thankfulness.  He recognized the fact that it was the LORD who delivered him.  "I love You, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." (Psalm 18:1-2)  Notice David's use of the personal pronoun my.

Many times difficulties in our lives draw us closer to God.  We realize we can't handle the big things without Him.  (In reality, we can't handle the small things either.)  Our response should be one of praise and thankfulness when we realize God is our strength, rock, fortress, deliverer, shield, stronghold, salvation and much, much more.  He truly is All-Sufficient.  Let's depend on Him for deliverance and strength.  Let's make Him our refuge and be grateful.  God is a very personal God.  He is my God, my deliverer.  If you are His child, He is your God and your deliverer.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, this is so true...we need to practice praising God in the small things to be ready to praise Him in the BIG things. I am so greatful that God is MY strength, MY fortress, MY redeemer. Love in Christ, Jean

    ReplyDelete