Friday, June 4, 2010

Delight Yourself in the Lord

"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)  I love this verse!  Think about what it means to delight in something.  When we delight in something, it gives us great pleasure, joy and satisfaction.  I delight in my family, my friends, a delicious meal, completion of a project or task, a clean house, weeded flower beds, etc., etc.

Do I delight in the Lord?  Yes!  Maybe not as consistently as I should, but yes, I do delight in Him.  When you delight in Him, He gives you a promise - "He will give you the desires of your heart."  What a great promise!  The crux (heart, truth) of this verse is when we truly delight in Him, our desires change.  His desires become what we desire.  It is not about getting what we want.  It is about the changing of our hearts and minds to align with His.  When we delight in Him, we have right/righteous desires.

"Delight yourself in the Lord,." and watch your desires change.

Serving Him,
Kay Martin

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your devotions but I really needed to be reminded to find my delight in the Lord. It's so easy to get caught up in the things that disappoint and forget the One who is the true Source of joy!!

    Patsy D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what a great promise! It's up to us to delight ourselfs in the Lord! We make the choice.
    I always heard that you get out of it what you put into it and that goes for our love & delight in our Lord also!
    Pat Henson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Psalm 123:1 I rejoice with those who said to me let us go to the house of the Lord.
    I love the joy that God gives us. He is all we need!! Jean

    ReplyDelete