Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kaylee - Our Only Granddaughter

Kaylee is our only granddaughter and she is also our oldest grandchild.  Where do I start??  What a joy she has been!  I remember the excitement we experienced when we knew we were going to be grandparents and when the news came that it was a girl, well, I began sewing for her right away.

Kaylee made her appearance as a healthy little girl on July 24, 1990 and very soon it was obvious she had a mind of her own.  It has served her well in her growing-up years.  It has enabled her to stand up for her beliefs and convictions - standing alone if necessary.

What an outstanding personality she has, much like her dad.  When she was between 3 and 4 years old, her mom and I were shopping at Talbots in Charleston, South Carolina and Kaylee infomed us she would sit at the bench near the front door in case anyone wanted to talk.  I can assure you a number of people wanted to talk to this cute little blond!

Some of Kaylee's activities include swimming on the swim team when she lived in Atlanta, playing on the tennis team and serving as captain of the basketball cheerleaders at her high school, Briarcrest Christian School.  In December of 2006, she decided to participate in the Miss Memphis Princess pageant and proceeded to win.  She was also chosen as a Fan Favorite and Miss Congeniality in the Princess division.  She was also selected by the Memphis Woman magazine as one of the 2007 outstanding young women of Memphis.  She has attended Kanakuk Christian Sports Camp several summers and served as a counselor there last summer.  She will also spend the last part of her summer this year as a counselor.  She has been very active serving her community during her teen years.  She has won other pageants and received other awards, but I can't remember them all!

Kaylee just finished her sophomore year at Mississippi State and has chosen to use six weeks of her summer on a mission trip with Campus Crusade for Christ.  I couldn't be prouder of her for giving of herself and her time to share Christ with college students in Salerno, Italy.  I miss her, and her mom, dad and brother really miss her, but I believe God is going to use her to make a difference in people's lives.
I can't wait to see what God is going to do through Kaylee.  She is going to help change lives!  God has blessed us with four dear grandchildren and I pray for Him to do wonderful things through each of them.

2 comments:

  1. My DEAR friend, your little namesake has been a gorgeous BEAUTY her entire life. With an inner beauty that shines forth in the physical realm, it's no doubt God has wonderful plans for this young woman in His kingdom's work. I can only imagine what joy it has been to you that she embraced Christ wholeheartedly at a very young age and has been fully committed to Him ever since. I'm praying for her while she is in Italy. I know it will be an experience that will impact her spiritually the rest of her life. Blessings to you BOTH -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, I'm just catching up with all my reading. Kaylee is just precious inside and out!

    ReplyDelete