Saturday, December 24, 2011

Go In The Right Direction

Mary was given the awesome news that Jesus Christ was to be born.  This news, as amazing as it was, was also troubling to Mary.  She was to be THE virgin through whom Jesus was to be born.  Yet, in the midst of this startling proclamation that would turn her world upside down, she said. "I am the Lord's servant.  May it be to me as You have said." (Luke 1:38)
 
Mary hurried to visit her cousin Elizabeth who was also having a miracle child (John the Baptist - born in their old age).  When John the Baptist leaped in Elizabeth's womb as Mary greeted them, Mary broke forth in a song of praise to God.

Mary is the example I want to follow.  I want to say, no matter what, "I am Your servant, Lord."  I want to break forth in songs of praise even in the midst of adversity.  I'm not there yet.  I will never be completely there.  Maybe all I can hope for is to go in the right direction.

Prayer:  Lord, help me go in the right direction - toward total obedience and abandonment to You.  Surrender.

1 comment:

  1. Mary is the ultimate role model for us as Christians: to be content with God's plans for us. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete