Thursday, September 9, 2010

God's Eyes Are On You

Most are aware that Satan roams throughout the earth and goes back and forth in it. (Job 1:7)  What is his purpose?  "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8 NIV)  Satan, who is the thief, "comes only to steal, kill and destroy." (John 10:10 NIV)  Satan wants to devour us, steal, kill and destroy.  That paints a frightening scenario, but never fear, God is everywhere.  He is Omni-Present.  He doesn't have to roam, going back and forth, He is everywhere at the same time!

Did you know that God's eyes range throughout the earth?  "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." (2 Chronicles 16:9 NIV)  Notice God's purpose is to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.

I am glad I serve the God who is Omnipresent, who is El Ro-i (the God who sees me).  I am blessed to know Him personally for a very long time.  But, Satan has a purpose and He is not easily discouraged.  He sometimes gains a victory in my life for a time, but praise God, it is temporary.  My God's eyes range throughout the earth to strengthen His children.  His eyes are on ______________ (put your name in the blank if you are a believer.)  He has promised He will not leave me (you), not ever.  

1 comment: